Sunday, November 8, 2009

Too lazy to walk down the street...

This is the final day of the 2009 Sea & Sky Spectacular, but I'm too lazy to walk down the street to the beach to see it. Maybe it's because I spent a couple of hours down there Friday, talking to others from the 'hood and shooting footage of the rehearsal show. But because my house is still in the flight line for the Blue Angels, I can still get some good video from my own front yard. To wit, this shot of the four planes in the "diamond" flying over the house. No naptime this afternoon!

How do the organizers of this event always seem to pick a weekend with perfect weather for it? You couldn't ask for a nicer day today for an air show. Clear blue skies, temps in the low 80s, cool breeze coming off the ocean. Even though I'm about a mile out of the main show area, when the show consists of airplanes, there's always a good amount of spillover. I'll get back to my beach walking tomorrow when the crowds have gone home and it's just us locals again.

No comments:

Post a Comment