Friday, August 21, 2009

Storm Brewing


Haven't gotten off to a very good start, have I? Business obligations have kept me from my beach walks since my first post. Afternoons are tough this time of year due to storms that move in from the heat of the day, and I'm just not that much of a morning person, so any obligations at or before noon will preclude a daily walk.

Although Hurricane Bill is about 800 miles to the east of us, we had some pretty nasty-looking unrelated storms move through from the west this afternoon. The bands of clouds were actually quite lovely. They reminded me of the beach when the tide is going out and leaves bands of wave remnants on the sand. But you can probably understand why I wouldn't want to be walking on the beach in this kind of weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment